Content Marketing is a simple thing with complex undertones. Content Marketing involves the distribution of knowledge through items such as white papers or special reports, which are offered to the public in exchange for an email address or other contact information, and permission to continue to send educational, informative content.
Content Marketing is not a sales pitch. It works on the TOMA (Top of Mind Awareness) philosophy: If you regularly send someone information they want and learn from, information that has value to them, your name is “at the top of their mind” when they need a product or service you provide.
The first challenge of content marketing is creating content that people want, learn from, and see as valuable.
- What topics should you address, and why should people care about those topics?
- Whose authority will you rely on as a credible source?
The second challenge is getting it out to the people that want it, learn from it, and find value in it.
- How often should you offer information?
- What channels should you use to offer your content?
The final challenge is converting them from readers to buyers.
- How often should you contact those who opt-in for a particular piece of content marketing?
- What additional offers can you give them to move them closer to a sale?
Content Marketing programs through Lucid Business Strategies come in a variety of sizes and configurations. We can help with strategy and content development, if that’s all you need. Or, we can handle the distribution, tracking and follow-up in an all-in-one program.